Pre School & Pre Primary
Evaluation and assessment is a continuous process which is done on the basis of overall performance.
The assessment is carried out in all domains of development i.e. physical, social language, cognitive and creativity.
The skills and competencies, verbal interactions as well as behavior is assessed. Age appropriate activities at the learning centres and activity sheets are given regularly to check the child’s abilities.
The assessment is done periodically for 3 cycles in an academic year. There is no formal examination.
All the children are promoted to the next class.
Classes - IV & V
1. A child needs to have a minimum Attendance of 75% to be considered for promotion.
2. Case of students failing in any subject to be discussed with the Principal.
3. Merit Certificates to be awarded for overall academic performance. Only those placed in A+ Category, in each class to be considered.
4. Certificate of Merit is to be given to students excelling in Art, Physical Education, Computers, Dance, Instrumental Music, Vocal Music and Yoga. Certificate of Excellence is also awarded to the Best Reader of the Department. 10 students from each class (IV & V) get certificate for each activity.
5. Students with 100% attendance will be awarded Commendation Certificate in acknowledgement of this regularity.
Classes VI to VIII
1. Evaluation of achievement of students shall be made through a series of assessment administered during the academic year.
2. In First Term (Periodic Test 1 and Half Yearly Exam) & in Second Term (Periodic Test 2 and Annual Exam) shall be held during the session.
3. Overall performance to be decided on the basis of achievement in the Scholastic areas.
4. Minimum qualifying Grade is D in all the subjects under Scholastic domain.
5. The students who secure E1 / E2 (Less than 33%) grade in a subject may have to appear for an improvement exam or will be passed with grace marks, 15 marks in total and not more than 8 marks in any one subject. This will be at the sole discretion of the Principal.