“A teacher is like a candle that consumes itself to light the way for others”
We have a lot of heroes today -sportsmen ,super models ,media personalities , ministers, They come into limelight, they have their fifteen minutes of fame and they go and are forgotten but the influence of good teachers always stays with us. They are the ones who shape the lives of millions .As such, every teacher at Bal Bharati must:
- Always be punctual (adhere to the time schedules for each and every activity of the School).
- Perform all the duties assigned religiously & effectively.
- Properly plan and organize his/her affairs.
- Keep themselves abreast with the latest in their field and not simply rest on the past.
- Display exemplary behaviour. Be firm and polite in dealing with parents and students.
- Follow prescribed dress code.
- Adopt positive approach and maintain cordial relations with colleagues.
- Seek prior permission to avail leave.
- Ensure that the prefects and monitors should be effectively used to maintain the tone of discipline in the School.
- Teach all relevant subjects in English. Under no circumstances should he/she use Hindi as a tool to explain a topic or a concept. Students should be encouraged to speak in English
- Plan the monthly, weekly and daily syllabus in accordance with the curriculum.
Ensure that the weekly plan is strictly adhered to and no portion of the syllabus is uncovered.
- All assignments should be thoroughly checked and teachers should ensure that not even a single error is over looked.
- If the syllabus planned for a particular week is not completed, the Departmental head should be informed about the reason and the plan for completion of the same.
- Refrain herself from undertaking private tuitions or indulging into any other business activity.
- Refrain from indulging in or advocating any form of malpractices.
- Not organize or attend any meeting during School hours except with prior permission of the head of the institution.
- Refrain from inflicting any kind of Corporal and Psychological punishment on the student.
- Not make the students do his/her personal work.
- Come to school well groomed and in proper uniform, with well polished shoes.
- Be regular in attendance and never be late to school.
- Attend Morning Assembly without fail.
- Be fair and honest in your work and considerate of the rights of others, as well as a good sport.
- Be courteous and respectful to parents, teachers and visitors.
- Look after the property of your school; help keep it clean and tidy.
- Keep your classroom clean and tidy and avoid littering.
- Turn off the tap after use.
- Switch off fans and lights when not in use.
- Move in an orderly manner within the school premises.
- Respect property and personal rights.
- Cooperate with and support each other and take responsibility for a safe environment.
- Bringing articles of value such as jewellery, mobile phones, Ipods etc. is strictly prohibited.
- Maintain complete discipline in the classroom, auditorium and elsewhere in the school campus.
- Take care of school property and furniture. Do not damage it.
- Ensure that the diary is carried by your ward to the school every day. Check the diary every day for any entries from the school. Also use the diary for communicating with the school.
- Ensure that your ward has breakfast and arrange for your ward to reach the school on time, at least 5 minutes before the school begins.
- Strict adherence to prescribed uniform, cleanliness and personal hygiene is to be ensured.
- Always write your ward’s name, admission no. and class at the back of any cheque (sent to the school).
- All requirements of leave should be applied for in advance, except in case of emergency. You are requested to fill up the Leave Application page given in the diary.
There is no provision of half-day leave for students.
- In case of emergency, students will be allowed half-day leave, escorted by the parent after sanction from VP/HM.
- Parents may please ensure that students do not bring mobile phones or any other electronic device to school.
- Please check the school website regularly for notifications and updates.
Intimate the school regarding any change in your address and telephone number(s). These are vital in the interest of the safety of the students.
- Students suffering from contagious diseases should not be sent to school, till the mandatory period of quarantine is over.
- Monitor your ward’s progress and feel free to meet the concerned teacher by taking prior appointment.
- Parents should ensure that they spend sufficient time daily with their wards to ensure a good level of understanding.
- Parent-Teacher Meetings should be utilized as a platform to interact with the teacher, keeping in view the progress of the child.
- Please do not send gifts, sweets, biscuits or other eatables to be distributed among children on your ward’s birthday. Celebration of any kind is strictly prohibited.
Please refrain from directly visiting the classrooms at any time. The school office may be contacted, if there is a requirement to do so.
- In case of undeclared holidays such as Id, Muharram etc. parents will be informed by SMS on father’s mobile number.
- Parents should be formally dressed up while visiting the school. Track Pants, Shorts, nightwear, slippers etc. should be avoided.
- The school reserves the right to take disciplinary action against students whose conduct is harmful to other students.